Natan Fitoussi

August 15, 2022: Natan Fitoussi, 20, was shot and killed by a fellow Israeli soldier — not by Palestinian fighters, as Israel had originally claimed.

The deceased soldier was identified as Sergeant Natan Fitoussi, 20. He was posthumously promoted from Sergeant to Staff Sergeant. Fitoussi immigrated to Israeli from France in 2014.

According to Israeli sources, Fitoussi was stationed at a guard post on the Israeli side of the Annexation Wall near Tulkarem on August 15th.

He left the guard post for a short time, and when he returned, the other soldier stationed at the post shot at him and killed him. Fitoussi lived in Netanya, since 2014.

Initially, the Israeli army reported the incident as a shooting attack by Palestinians. Israeli troops then began searching the nearby Palestinian villages for the alleged gunman.

But after that initial report, and following an investigation, Israeli military officials clarified that the incident was not a shooting attack by Palestinians.

Such incidents of so-called ‘friendly fire’ are common among Israeli soldiers, especially during ground invasions when soldiers get excited and confused and begin firing at one another.

Earlier this year, two Israeli military officers from an elite commando unit were shot by ‘friendly fire’ at a military base in the Jordan Valley.

The military criticized the Israeli media for reporting on the incident before confirming the details, and before the military had a chance to notify the soldier’s family of his death.

Natan was from Netanya, in central Israel. Source: IMEMC

Ahmad Harb Ayyad

July 05, 2022: Ahmad Harb Ayyad, 32, was killed by Israeli soldiers who assaulted and repeatedly struck him when he and other workers tried to cross through a breach of the illegal Annexation Wall, in Tulkarem, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

The slain man was from the besieged and impoverished Gaza Strip but had been living in the West Bank and was working in construction inside the Green Line to support his family.

The Israeli soldiers also fired many live rounds and gas bombs at Palestinian workers in the same area, wounding one.

The Ayyad family in Gaza said Israel informed them about their son’s death and added that the Israeli occupation authorities allowed the transfer of his corpse to them through the Erez (Beit Hanoun) Terminal in northern Gaza.

His funeral procession was held, on Tuesday morning, at a local mosque in the Zeitoun neighborhood in Gaza before being buried at the Shuhada Graveyard, east of Gaza.

The Palestine General Federation of Trade Unions issued a statement denouncing the Israeli crime and said that Ahmad is not the first worker to be killed by the Israeli occupation army, in addition to the hundreds who have been shot and injured and those who have been abducted and imprisoned.

The Federation added that many workers from the Gaza Strip have to leave their homes and families in the impoverished region to look for work in the West Bank or Israel and face constant violations.

It called on the International Labor Organization to intervene and ensure Israel abides by International Law and stops its deadly violations against the Palestinian workers.

The Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates also denounced the worker’s killing and described it as an execution.

It called on the International Community to hold Israel accountable for its violations against the Palestinian civilians and to act on ending the illegal occupation.

On June 19, 2022, Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian worker, Nabil Ahmad Taiseer Ghanem, 53, near the Annexation Wall, south of Qalqilia, in the northern part of the West Bank.

On the same day, the soldiers attacked workers and detained thirteen Barta’a towns southwest of Jenin in the northern part of the West Bank.

Ahmad was from the Zeitoun neighborhood, southeast of Gaza city. Source: IMEMC

Mohammad Nidal Younis

December 6, 2021: Mohammad Nidal Younis, 15, was killed by Israeli soldiers at a military roadblock near Tulkarem, in the northern part of the West Bank, after the army claimed he intentionally rammed his car into the roadblock.

Israeli sources said a security guard was seriously injured before he was rushed to Tal HaShomer medical center and added that his wounds were mainly to the chest and head.

In a statement, the Israeli army claimed that the Palestinian sped towards the roadblock and rammed his car into the guard post, causing serious wounds to a security guard, 34 years of age.

It added that another guard opened fire at the Palestinian car, seriously wounding the driver before he was moved to a hospital where he died from his wounds.

After the incident, the soldiers invaded Nablus city, before storming and ransacking the family home of the slain child, in addition to detaining and interrogating the family in their home. The invasion into the home and the violent search caused excessive property damage.

The child’s uncle said that his nephew went missing after midnight, before his family started looking for him and asking his friends if they knew his whereabouts but could not find him until their received news about the incident at the roadblock.

“We saw pictures posted on social media, and we saw the car in one of the photos crashed into the roadblock,” the uncle said.

The child’s father later received a phone call on his mobile phone from an Israeli intelligence officer telling him that he and the soldiers are in his home and that he needs to come back immediately.

The father of the slain teen, a former political prisoner who was held by Israeli for twelve years. was ordered to head to Huwwara military base for interrogation, but due to his grief, he could not go.

The Israeli army refused to allow the transfer of the slain child’s corpse to his family.

Mohammad was from the Namsawi neighborhood in Nablus city, in northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC

Samir Ahmad Hmeidi

October 5th, 2020: Samir Ahmad Hmeidi, 28, was shot and killed by Israeli forces east of Tulkarem in the northern occupied West Bank, the Jerusalem Press reported.

In addition to the killing of Hmeidi, Israeli forces also shot at and wounded two other Palestinians near the “Annab” military roadblock in the northern West Bank.

Hmeidi was a former political prisoner, from Beit Lid town, southwest of Tulkarem, who spent three years in Israeli prisons.

According to the official Hebrew channel, the Israeli army alleged that three Palestinians threw bottles with flaming rags in them at an army post, and the soldiers shot at them.

Two of the Palestinians fled, and the third was seen lying bleeding on the ground by eyewitnesses.

Israeli troops did not bring in medical personnel to treat the man, and he bled to death soon after.

Samir Ahmad Hmeidi, 28, a university student, was shot by Israeli soldiers. Eyewitnesses reported seeing a young man lying on the ground bleeding.

Haaretz news published the Israel Defense Forces’ spokesman statement, which claimed that Israeli forces, stationed near the illegal Israeli settlement of Einav “identified three terrorists who threw firebombs at them. The forces responded with [live] fire, and one of the terrorists was hit.”

The army added that no Israeli soldiers were injured.

Samir was from Beit Lid town, southwest of Tulkarem. Source: IMEMC

Eqab Bashir Darawsha

Eqb DarawshaAugust 15, 2020: Eqab Bashir Darawsha, 21, was killed on Saturday evening, August 15th, 2020, when a speeding Israel colonists’ car struck him near a military roadblock, south of Tulkarem, in the northern West Bank.

Media sources said the Palestinian, a day laborer, had crossed through a breach in the illegal Israeli Annexation Wall, as he and many other workers were trying to get into Israel for work.

Many Palestinian workers take the risk of going through a gap in the Annexation wall, or sneaking into Israel through mountains and hills, because they are suffering from hunger, and feel they need to take the risk of crossing the Israeli-created barrier  to provide for their families. They may have applied for and been denied entry permits  by the Israeli military that controls all aspects of their lives in the West Bank.

Israeli settlers who drive on bypass roads, including the one who struck the Palestinian worker, usually drive at high speeds when driving on the Jewish-only segregated bypass roads.

After being struck by the car, the Palestinian was rushed to Rama Medical Center in Israel, where he succumbed to his wounds.

A Palestinian who lives near where the incident took place stated that the Palestinian went through a gap in the Annexation Wall, and was struck by the speeding Israeli car just as he was trying to cross the road.

One day after the incident, Israeli soldiers shot and injured Palestinian workers near the gate of the Annexation Wall, west of Far’un town, south of Tulkarem.

In that incident, a Palestinian, Soheil Daoud ‘Obeit, 26, was shot in his leg before Palestinian medics rushed him to a local hospital.

Such incidents are frequent and have led to many Palestinian casualties.

Eqab was from Tallouza village, north of Nablus, in the northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC

Bader Nidal Nafla Harsha

February 7, 2020: Bader Nidal Nafla Harsha, 19, was fatally wounded by Israeli soldiers during protests near the village of Qaffin, in the northern West Bank, on Friday evening.

Bader was pronounced dead, Friday, shortly after he was shot and critically injured by Israeli occupation forces, north of Tulkarem in the occupied West Bank, said the Ministry of Health.

The Palestinian Health Ministry has reported that the young man was shot with a live round in the main artery in his neck, and died from his wounds.

In a show of excessive use of force, Israeli forces resorted to the use of live ammunition, which penetrated the teen’s neck, striking the main carotid artery, resulting in his death only minutes later. He was rushed to Tulkarem governmental hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Bader was shot during protests that erupted near the illegal Israeli Annexation Wall, where many residents marched on their lands.

Soldiers have been deployed across the West Bank to suppress the protests of the Palestinian people expressing their rejection of the so-called ‘deal of the century’. This is the fifth Palestinian youth to be killed in recent days.

Bader was from Qaffin, in the northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC

Ra’ad Majed al-Bahri

October 18, 2019: Ra’ad Majed Mohammad al-Bahri, 25, was shot and killed by Israeli forces at Jabara military roadblock, south of the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem, on Friday evening.

A correspondent with the Palestinian WAFA News Agency confirmed that a young man died after being shot by the Israeli forces at the roadblock after the soldiers shot him.

WAFA also reported that the young man was left to bleed to death when Israeli forces refused to allow the entry of ambulances of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society to the roadblock.

The Israeli army claimed that the “man ran towards the military roadblock, intending to attack the soldiers.”

But a photo released by the military shows the body of Ra’ad lying on the street a wide distance from the checkpoint where the soldiers were stationed. The army also produced no evidence to back their claim that Ra’ad was a threat.

Ra’ad was from Kafr Zibad village, south of Tulkarem. Source: IMEMC

Mohammad Sobhi Anbar

Mohammad AnbarApril 8, 2018: Mohammad Sobhi Anbar, 46, died of critical wounds sustained on April 2nd when Israeli soldiers shot him multiple times at a checkpoint near Tulkarem on April 2nd.

Mohammad was shot in front of the military roadblock east of Tulkarem, and was taken to the Mayer Israeli Medical Center.

He remained in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit until April 8th, when he died of his wounds.

While he was in a coma, an Israeli military court held a hearing and made a ruling against Anbar, claiming that he was planning to attack Israeli soldiers at the checkpoint, despite a complete lack of evidence of that claim.

His brother Khalil Anbar said that the Israeli Army informed the family of his death, and added that he was shot in the abdomen, pelvis and the legs, and one of his legs had to be amputated during surgery. He said his brother underwent several surgeries in the days since he was shot.

Israeli daily Haaretz said the soldiers shot the man, 46 years of age, after he reportedly “ran towards them in a suspicious manner,” near the al-Kafriyyat military roadblock, east of Tulkarem.

It added that the soldiers did not find any weapons on the wounded man, and initiated an investigation into the issue, after moving him to an Israeli hospital.

Following the incident, dozens of soldiers were deployed in the area, before closing the military roadblock and its surrounding area.

Mohammad was from Tulkarem, in the northern part of the West Bank. Source: IMEMC

Qoteiba Zahran

August 19, 2017: Qoteiba Yousef Zahran, 17, was killed by Israeli soldiers at the Za’tara military roadblock, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

The Israeli army claimed the boy attempted to carry out a stabbing attack against the soldiers stationed at the checkpoint, and published a picture of a dull kitchen knife lying on the ground.

A soldier was injured in the incident, but it was from the flurry of bullets fired by the Israeli guards toward the 17-year old, not from the boy himself.

The soldier, who was mildly wounded, was treated immediately by medics from the Magen David Adom medical service.

Zahran reportedly approached the checkpoint carrying a bag, and the border guard stationed there attempted to arrest him.

The army claims that the boy then pulled out a knife and tried to attack them, but they fired a barrage of bullets, critically wounding Zahran, then leaving him to bleed to death.

Following the killing of Zahran, Israeli forces closed the Za’tara checkpoint for most of the day, preventing Palestinians from crossing in either direction.

The soldiers later invaded Qoteiba’s village and homes, arrested his brother Tareq, and took him to an interrogation center. Qoteiba was from Illar village, in Tulkarem. Source: IMEMC

Mohannad Abu Safaqa

May 25, 2017: Mohannad Abu Safaqa, 45, died from serious wounds he suffered two days earlier after reportedly stabbing and wounding an Israeli police officer.

Mohannad, a Palestinian worker from Tulkarem in the northern West Bank, died from serious wounds at an Israeli medical center.

The Israeli army refused to allow the transfer of his corpse to his family for burial.

On July 9, 2017, Israel allowed the transfer of his body to his family in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem before they held the burial.

The transfer of his corpse was supposed to be conducted earlier, but the Israeli army decided to delay the process without explaining.

Mohannad was from Tulkarem, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank. Source: IMEMC