Rami Ra’ed Qdeih

July 24, 2014: Rami Ra’ed Qdeih, 18, was killed by an Israeli shell in Khuza’a town, east of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.

The shell targeted a clinic where more than 200 residents took refuge there thinking that it would be a safe place, but the situation became very difficult with heavy Israeli bombing.

The Israeli forces reportedly warned the residents to leave the area, but many were trapped, as the town was under heavy shelling by Israeli forces. Israeli air strikes hit many civilian homes and destroyed the local mosque, while dozens of people were reportedly killed during the ground invasion.

The Palestinians, taking shelter in the clinic, decided to all go out together with white flags. Hundreds of people left the area with them, around 8:00am, carrying white flags, and walking toward the main entrance of the town.

Once they reached the neighborhood near the main entrance, they were exposed to intense fire from the Israeli army; some people were injured.

The Israeli soldiers told them that they did not have permission to leave the Khuza’a, so they decided to return to the clinic.

Around 6:30pm, two missiles were fired from drones at the garden of the house that hosts the clinic, resulting in many injuries, and killing Ahmed Mohammed Qdieh, 19.

The fleeing Palestinians were then met by an Israeli tank that allowed them to pass, but the soldiers later fired a missile, seriously wounding Anas Hatem Qdeih, 7, who died from his wounds after the soldiers held an ambulance at a checkpoint, although the wounded child was just three minutes away from the hospital.

The Palestinians continued to walk while carrying white flags, and met another tank where the soldiers told them to sit down, but they continued walking.

Three kilometers later, the army targeted a motorcycle behind them, killing three other family members, identified as Ismail Hassan Qdeih, 55, Nafez Salman Qdeih, 45, and his daughter Dawlat Nafez Qdeih, 20.

The International Middle East Media Center said that the corpse of Anas Hatem Qdeih, 13, was pulled from under the rubble on July 24. Rami was from Khuza’a, east of Khan Younis. Source: IMEMC, Mezan Center For Human Rights