Mohammad Abdul Nada

July 26, 2023: Mohammad Abdul Hakim Naim Nada, 23, was shot and killed by Israeli forces in the Al-Ein refugee camp, in the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus, the Ministry of Health confirmed.

Local sources reported that occupation special forces invaded the Al-Ein camp in Nablus, backed by large army reinforcements who were stationed throughout the camp, while sharpshooters occupied rooftops of civilian homes.

Palestinian youths protested the incursion, while armed Palestinian resistance fighters exchanged fire with the invading army.

Soldiers fired live rounds and tear gas canisters, seriously injuring one young man in the chest with a live round and causing dozens to sustain inhalation injuries from exposure to tear gas.

Medical sources at the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said that the critically injured young man was transported to hospital, and pronounced dead from a deadly gunshot wound to the chest, shortly after arrival.

The Ministry of Health identified the slain young man as Mohammad Abdul Hakim Naim Nada, 23.

It was reported that a large army force besieged a Palestinian-owned home in the camp, and abducted Nour Al-Basiouni, who was forced to surrender to the army, according to the young man’s brother.

Furthermore, at least one woman was injured when an Israeli military vehicle struck the vehicle she was in, while a number of other vehicles sustained damage as a result of the army incursion.

On Wednesday afternoon, Palestinian mourners attended the funeral procession for the slain Muhammad Abdul Hakim Naim Nada, in front of the Rafidia Governmental Hospital in Nablus.

Mourners carried the body on their shoulders through the streets, to the “Martyrs’ Roundabout” at the center of the city, where the funeral prayer was performed.

Finally, the body was carried to the Al-Ein refugee camp where his family and loved ones bid a final farewell, before laying him to rest in the camp’s cemetery.

The day before, Israeli forces shot dead three Palestinian men after an exchange of fire in the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus, killing Noureddine Tayseer Al-Ardah, 32, Montaser Bahjat Ali Salama, 33, and Saad Maher Al-Kharraz, 43.

Mohammad was from al-Ein refugee camp in Nablus, in the northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC