August 07, 2022: ‘Abdel Rahman Jom’ah Khalaf al-Silik (22), from Shuja’iyya neighborhood, was killed when he was coincidentally passing by in a taxi returning from a shoe shop he owns in al-Shati refugee camp.
He was one of 4 Palestinian civilians killed in central Gaza City, while others sustained various injuries in Israeli airstrikes conducted only a few hours before the ceasefire was declared. Those killed were identified as: Shadi ‘Emad Nemer Kuhail (27) and Khaled Ayman Jamil Yasin (27), who were both killed after Israeli forces launched a missile at a horse cart at al-Samer Intersection in central Gaza City. Moreover, a traffic officer namely Ahmed Sabe’a Dawoud (21), from al-Nafaq Street, was critically injured when he was on duty at al-Samir intersection and then referred to al-Shifa Hospital, where he was pronounced dead in the next morning.
At 21:30 on August 6th, Israeli warplanes fired 6 missiles at a 3-story house, which includes rented apartments, in Rafah refugee camp, without prior warning, destroying a house over the heads of its residents and 7 neighboring houses.
As a result, 7 persons, including a child and two women, were killed, and 35 others, including 18 children and 12 women, were wounded.
The Palestinian Civil Defense and Municipality crews continued to recover the bodies of the dead and the wounded from the rubble until 05:00 on Sunday, 07 August 2022. Israeli government officials declared the airstrike had targeted Khaled Saeed Mansour (47), the commander of Al-Quds Brigades in the southern Gaza Strip. Mansour was pulled out of the rubble with his two companions: Ziad Ahmad Khalil Al-Mudallal (35), and Raafat Saleh Ibrahim Al-Zamili (Sheikh Eid)(41).
The rest of the victims were civilians living in the same building or in the neighboring houses and were identified as: Mohammad Iyad Mohammad Hassouna (14), Ismail Abdul-Hameed Mohammad Salama/Dweik (30), and his mother, Hana’ Ismail Ali Dweik (50), and Alaa’ Saleh Abdul Mohsen Al-Mallahi (30).
Some of the other incidents documented by Israeli forces on August 7th, the third and final day of their brutal assault on Gaza, were as follows:
04:45 on Sunday, 07 August 2022: Israeli warplanes launched a missile near a house in Al-Nasr village, northern Rafah, injuring 9 residents of the house and their neighbors, including 3 children and 2 women.
05:15: Israeli warplanes fired two missiles at a 200-sqm house belonging to Muhammad Musa Muhammad ‘Arada in Al-Tanour neighborhood in Rafah and destroyed it completely, rendering a family of 5 homeless. However, no casualties were reported.
07:10: 2 Palestinians were wounded by shrapnel of a missile fired by Israeli warplanes on an agricultural land in Qarara village, east of Khan Yunis.
17:00: Israeli forces fired an artillery shell at a landfill belonging to the Jabalia Municipality. As a result, a worker was wounded, and a garbage truck was badly damaged
- Khalil Ziad Abu Hamada, 19, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Mohammad Mohammad Zaqqout, 20, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Ahmad Walid al-Farram, 17, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Hazem Mohammad Salem, 9, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Nafeth Mohammad al-Khatib, 50, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip
Ahmad Mohammad Nairab, 11 was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Mo’men Mohammad Nairab, 5, (younger brother of Ahmad) was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Ziad Ahmad al-Mudallal, the son of senior Islamic Jihad leader, Ahmad al-Mudallal, was killed by an Israeli missile in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
- Mohammad Jamil Shbeir, 10, was killed after the Israeli army fired missiles targeting homes in Jabalia, in northern Gaza Strip.
- Mohammad Eyad Hassouna, 14, was killed after Israeli drones fired missiles at homes in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. 45 Palestinians, including children, were injured in the attack
- Mohammad al-Omar, 20, from Jabalia refugee camp, in Jabalia in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.
- Na’ama Mohammad Abu Qayda, 62, was killed while traveling in a car to the home of her son’s bride. They were supposed to be married on this day. But Israeli soldiers fired missiles at her civilian car in the Um an-Nasr village in Beit Hanoun in the northern part of the Gaza Strip, killing Na’ama and wounding several others.
- Hussein Mohammad Mansour, 26, was killed when the Israeli air force fired missiles at Palestinians in the Sha’sha’a area, east of Jabalia in northern Gaza, wounding at least ten Palestinians, some seriously.
- Nour Hussein Zoweidi, 21, was killed after the army fired missiles into Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza.
The army also fired missiles into a five-story building near the Shifa Medical Center southwest of Gaza and destroyed it, causing damage to several surrounding homes. Palestinians from the local Shamlakh family own the building in the Sheikh Ejleen area.
It is worth mentioning that, as the Israeli offensive continued to the second day, the number of homes and buildings targeted by the army arrived at 650.
Also, a child, ten years of age, and a young man, 23, were seriously injured after the Israeli army fired missiles into residential areas in Abasan al-Kabeera town, east of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
Furthermore, the Israeli Airforce fired missiles into lands in Abasan, east of Khan Younis.
This wave of missiles came after the Israeli army launched the ‘operation’ on Friday by killing ten Palestinians, including a five-year-old girl who was playing outside her home in Gaza City.
The initial wave of Israeli missiles, which were dropped into Gaza between 4 and 5 pm on Friday afternoon, Israeli missiles and shells injured 36 Palestinians, including five children and four women.
Also on Friday, the Israeli army fired an artillery shell that struck the home of Adnan Atiya al-Amour, killing his daughter Donyana Mohammad al-Amour, 22.
The Israeli missiles also killed Mohammad Ahmad Nasrallah, 25, and injured his daughter in addition to two other Palestinians east of Beit Hanoun, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.
Furthermore, an Israeli drone fired missiles into an area west of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, killing Fadel Mohammad Zo’rob, 30, and Mohammad Hasan al-Bayok, 35, in addition to wounding seven other Palestinians, including two children. The attacks also caused damage to a Palestinian ambulance.
Two Palestinians, including one child, were injured after the Israeli army bombed the al-Brazil neighborhood, south of Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
The army also carried out at least ten airstrikes targeting resistance centers and many residential neighborhoods in Rafah, causing excessive damage.
The Palestinians Center For Human Rights (PCHR) said its field researchers and teams are still documenting and validating the latest incidents and casualties, adding that the Israeli offensive could take a long time, as stated by Israeli military leaders and government officials.
The PCHR condemned the Israeli offensive, the extrajudicial assassinations, and the constant targeting of Palestinian civilians in violation of International Humanitarian Law and all related international treaties.
The Palestinians killed on Friday August 5th are:
- Emad Abdul-Rahim Shallah, 52.
- Yousef Salman Qaddoum, 24.
- Ala’ Abdullah Qaddoum, 5.
- Taiseer Mahmoud al-Ja’bari, 50.
- Salama Mohareb ‘Aabed, 41.
- Donyana Adnan Atiya al-Amour, 22.
- Mohammad Ahmad Abdul-Fattah al-Madhoun, 26.
- Fadel Mustafa Zo’rob, 30.
- Mohammad Hasan al-Bayok, 35.
- Mohammad Ahmad Nasrallah (al-Madhoun), 26.
‘Abdel Rahman was from Gaza City, in the central part of the Gaza Strip. Source: IMEMC