February 09, 2023: Sharif Hasan Rabba’, 22, was killed by Israeli soldiers near the entrance of the Al-Fawwar refugee camp, south of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.
The Israeli army claimed that the young man attempted to stab a soldier before other soldiers at a nearby roadblock opened fire and killed him.
The army added that the incident did not lead to any injuries among the soldiers and described it as a foiled “attempted attack against the soldiers.”
The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the young man’s death and added that the soldiers shot him after they stopped his car in the Al-Dalba area near the main entrance of the refugee camp.
Sharif was heavily bleeding before the soldiers cut his clothes off and checked for a pulse, but refused to allow Palestinian medics to approach him before the army took him away.
His death brings the number of Palestinian Israeli soldiers killed this year to 43, including nine children and one woman. Eight of them were killed this month.
- February 07, 2023: Sharif Hasan Rabba’, 22
- February 07, 2023: Hamza Amjad Al-Ashqar, 17
- February 06, 2023: Malek Lafi, 22
- February 06, 2023: Tha’er Khaled Awadat, 27
- February 06, 2023: Adham Majdi Awadat, 22
- February 6, 2023: Ibrahim Wa’el Awadat, 21
- February 6, 2023: Rafat Wa’el Awadat, 21
- February 03, 2023: Abdullah Samih Qalalwa, 25
Sharif was from the Ath-Thaheriyya town, south of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank. Source: IMEMC