September 25, 2022: Sa’ed Adnan al-Koni, 26, was killed by Israeli soldiers who ambushed him and several others in Nablus, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
The Palestinian was assassinated when the soldiers ambushed several Palestinians and fired live rounds at his Motorcycle and a car driving in the city. Sa’ed was the one driving the Motorcycle.
Eyewitnesses said the Palestinians in the ambushed car managed to flee the scene, but the army injured some of them.
The soldiers also abducted two Palestinians, Ashraf Kousa and Taqeyeddin Boshkar, from the Ta’awon neighborhood and the Housing Projects in the city.
The Israeli army said its soldiers ambushed the Palestinians and opened fire on them “after identifying them as the persons responsible for several incidents of firing rounds at Har Bracha settlement.”
The Palestinian was identified and assassinated before noticing the soldiers who ambushed him and the other young men. The army took his corpse before leaving the area.
The army said the Golani Brigade soldiers “opened fire at armed Palestinians who were identified on a motorcycle and in a car” in Nablus.
Israeli Ynet News quoted the army claiming that the “soldiers identified a motorcycle followed by a car, and after confirming they were armed, the soldiers opened fire, killing the man riding the motorcycle.”
The slain Palestinian was a member of the “Lions’ Den” resistance group, which includes fighters from several factions; the group aims to unify armed resistance fighters regardless of political affiliation.
On Saturday, September 24, the soldiers killed Mohammad Ali Hussein Abu Kafia, 36, after his car accidentally collided with an empty police vehicle near Nablus, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
He is the fourteenth Palestinian to be killed by Israeli soldiers since the beginning of this month, September 2022.
- September 25, 2022, Sa’ed al-Koni, 26.
- September 24, 2022, Mohammad Ali Abu Kafia, 36
- September 22, 2022, Mohammad Osama Abu Jom’a, 23
- September 15, 2022, Odai Trad Hisham Salah, 17
- September 14, 2022, Abdul-Rahman Hani ‘Aabed, 22
- September 14, 2022, Ahmad Ayman ‘Aabed, 23
- September 11, 2022, Hamad Mustafa Abu Jilda, 24
- September 08, 2022, Haitham Hani Mubarak, 16
- September 07, 2022, Younis Ghassan Tayeh, 21
- September 06, 2022, Mohammad Mousa Saba’na, 29
- September 05, 2022, Taher Mohmmad Zakarna, 20
- September 02, 2022, Fadi Mohammad Ghattas, 19
- September 01, 2022, Yazan Naim Affana, 24
- September 01, 2022, Samer Mahmoud Khaled, 25
Saed was from Nablus, in the northern part of the West Bank. Source: IMEMC