November 29, 2022: Mofeed Mahmoud Ekhlayyil, 44, was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers, who also wounded 21 other Palestinians, during an invasion of Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.
Medical sources at the Al-Ahli Hospital in Hebron said the soldiers shot Mofeed with a live round in the head.
The sources said the medics rushed Mofeed to the hospital, where the surgeons tried to save his life, but he succumbed to his very serious gunshot wounds to the head.
The soldiers also injured twenty-one Palestinians, including nine who were shot with live fire; one of the wounded suffered a moderate-to-serious gunshot wound to the chest, and later his condition was described as stable.
The Health Ministry said nine Palestinians suffered wounds after the soldiers shot them with live fire; one of them suffered a moderate gunshot wound to the shoulder, one suffered a moderate gunshot wound to the chest, four to their arms, and two suffered mild wounds to the leg and the foot.
Some of the wounded were rushed to the local Beit Ummar town clinic before the soldiers stormed and ransacked the medical facility.
Furthermore, the soldiers closed the nearby main entrance of Palestine Technical University – Kadoorie, in the Al-Arroub refugee camp, north of Hebron, after placing concrete blocks.
Mofeed’s death brings the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli army fire in November to fourteen Palestinians, including five children.
- November 24, 2022, Mohammad Hisham Abu Keshik, 22.
- November 23, 2022, Ahmad Amjad Shehada, 16.
- November 23, 2022, Mohammad Ahmad Herzallah, 30.
- November 21, 2022, Mahmoud al-Sa’di, 17.
- November 15, 2022, Mohammad Morad Souf, 18.
- November 14, 2022, Folla Rasmi Masalma, 15.
- November 9, 2022, Mahdi Hashash, 17.
- November 9, 2022, Ra’fat Ali Ayasa, 29.
- November 05, 2022, Mos’ab Mohammad Nafal, 18.
- November 3, 2022, Farouq Jamil Salama, 28.
- November 3, 2022, Mohammad Samer Khallouf, 14.
- November 3, 2022, Amer Husam Bader, 20.
- November 02, 2022, Habes Abdul-Hafith Rayyan, 54.
Mofeed was from Beit Ummar, in the southern part of the West Bank. Source: IMEMC