Wadea’ Sbeih Hweih

October 25, 2022: Wadea’ Sbeih Hweih, 31, was killed by an Israeli military drone strike in Nablus during an invasion by the Israeli military on Tuesday before dawn. During the invasion, Israeli soldiers killed five Palestinians and injured twenty-one, including four who suffered life-threatening wounds, during an invasion of the center of Nablus city, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

In an official statement, the Palestinian Health Ministry in Ramallah identified the slain Palestinians in Nablus as:

  1. Hamdi Sbeih Ramzi Qayyim, 30.
  2. Ali Khaled Omar Antar, 26.
  3. Hamdi Mohammad Sabri Sharaf, 35.
  4. Wadea’ Sbeih Hweih, 31.
  5. Mashal Zahi Ahmad Baghdadi, 27,

The Health Ministry confirmed the army shot twenty-four Palestinians, adding that most of the wounded Palestinians were shot in the upper body; four of them suffered serious injuries.

Palestine TV said the army used armed drones to fire missiles into a home in Nablus where Palestinian fighters were hiding and exchanging fire with the soldiers, when Wadea’ was killed.

Six Palestinians managed to escape unharmed.

The Israeli missiles also caused damage to many surrounding homes and several mild injuries among the families.

Palestine TV added that the missiles fired by the Israeli army drones also produced heavy chemical smells.

The Israeli army invaded many neighborhoods and surrounded many Palestinians in the Old City of Nablus and exchanged fire with resistance fighters before firing shells at them.

One of the slain Palestinians, Hamdi Qayyim, was killed after the army fired a missile at his car, severely mutilating his body.

The Palestinian Health Ministry has confirmed the death of four Palestinians by Israeli army fire and added that nineteen were injured, one moderately and four seriously.

At least fourteen of the wounded Palestinians were rushed to Rafidia hospital in Nablus.

Local sources said the soldiers invaded and ransacked many homes and occupied rooftops of tall buildings to use as firing posts, especially for the army sharpshooters.

The soldiers also fired many live rounds at Palestinian police and national security officers, wounding four.

In addition, Palestinian fighters exchanged fire with Israeli soldiers in the Ras Al-Ein area in Nablus, while the soldiers surrounded a home in the Northern Mountain area.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers stopped its ambulances and prevented the medics from reaching wounded Palestinians in the Al-Qaryoun area and around the Old City.

The invading Israeli soldiers also used an armed drone to fire a missile at a building and exchanged fire with many Palestinian resistance fighters.

Furthermore, the army surrounded and isolated the Northern Mountain area and the Old City of Nablus.

The Israeli army withdrew from Nablus in the early morning hours of Thursday.

Also at dawn, Israeli soldiers killed Qussai Mahmoud Tamimi, 19, in Nabi Saleh, north of Ramallah, in the central part of the occupied West Bank.

Wadea’ was from Nablus, in the northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC