Lt. Col. M

November 11, 2018: Lt. Col. M. was killed while invading the Gaza Strip as an undercover Israeli soldier  along with other soldiers dressed as Palestinian civilians to assassinate two Palestinian resistance fighters. When the undercover operation was exposed, the Israeli army then initiated a series of air strikes, firing missiles and shells to secure the retreat of its undercover soldiers, killing a total of seven Palestinians on the same day.

Resistance fighters exchanged fire with the invading soldiers, killing one of them, Israeli sources have confirmed.

The undercover soldiers were driving a Volkswagen car, and drove towards the home of Noureddin Baraka, in Bani Suheila area in Khan Younis, before stopping near the property, the al-Quds News Agency has confirmed.

Palestinian resistance fighters then noticed the car and began following it, catching up to it near a kindergarten in Abasan al-Kabeera town, and asking the passengers to step out of the vehicle and show their ID cards.

The News Agency added that the undercover soldiers, who were in the backseat of the car, then opened fire at the fighters, after realizing their cover-up had been exposed.

Al-Quds also stated that some of the undercover soldiers were wearing veils, pretending to be women. The following day after this report, the Israeli airforce bombed the News Agency, completely destroying its office building.

A senior Palestinian resistance fighter, Noureddin Baraka, was instantly killed in the initial shooting, while other fighters called for help, before chasing the car that carried the undercover forces.

The Israeli army, stationed across the perimeter fence, started firing shells at cars and Palestinians who chased the undercover officers’ vehicle, before it crashed against a wall, and then headed toward the perimeter fence.

So far, the Israeli soldier who was killed in the Gaza invasion, has only been identified as Lt. Col. M. The army is still keeping other information classified, but say his family has officially been notified.

The Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas party, said the undercover soldiers who infiltrated into an area, east of the southern Gaza Strip city of Khan Younis, assassinated one of its senior leaders, identified as Noureddin Mohammad Salama Baraka, 37.

The army also fired several shells into lands, east of Khuza’a town, east of Khan Younis, in addition to firing many flares.

In a statement, Al-Qassam said that the “resistance in Gaza will continue to defend the Palestinian people,” and vowed that “the enemy will pay a heavy price for its crime.”

Hamas spokesperson Fawzi Barhoum said in a written statement that “what the resistance is doing in Gaza is honorable and brave, proving its readiness to perform its national duties, and to defend the people.”

He also said that “the cowardice enemy will pay a heavy price for its crime.”

Israeli sources have confirmed that one of its “Special Forces” officers was killed in an exchange of fire, which broke out during the offensive, and that another officer was injured.”

The Palestinians who were killed in the Israeli offensive have been identified as:

  1. Noureddin Mohammad Salama Baraka, 37.
  2. Mohammad Majed Mousa al-Qarra, 23.
  3. Khaled Mohammad Ali Qweider, 29.
  4. Mustafa Hasan Mohammad Abu Odah, 21.
  5. Mahmoud Atallah Misbih, 25.
  6. Ala’eddin Fawzi Mohammad Fseifis, 24.
  7. Omar Naji Musallam Abu Khater, 21.

It is worth mentioning that al-Qarra just got married a few days ago. Both Baraka and al-Qarra are senior leaders of the al-Qassam Brigades.

Following this serious Israeli military escalation, the Israeli army asked the Israeli colonialist settlers living close to the border with Gaza to remain indoors, and closed the Zikim road.

Israeli media source said that, after the army assassinated the fighters, Al-Qassam fired at least ten shells into Israel area, and added that the Iron Done system “intercepted two of them.”

Furthermore, the army issued a statement confirming that no soldiers were abducted during the offensive into Gaza, and declared high alert along the border area.

Lt. Col. M. was a Druze, Arabic-speaking soldier from northern Israel. Source: IMEMC