Ahmad Ismail Jarrar

January 17th, 2018: Ahmad Ismail Mohammad Jarrar, 31, was killed by Israeli soldiers at dawn while at his cousin’s home in Wad Burqin area, west of Jenin.

The deceased was originally thought to be Ahmad Nassar Jarrar, 22, who Israeli authorities say is a suspect in the December 9th shooting of an Israeli settler.

The 31-year-old Ahmad Ismail Jarrar was described by family members as a laborer who was not involved in politics.

Israeli soldiers arrived at the Jarrar home at dawn and ordered all occupants out into the cold.

Israeli forces then fired rockets into the building and then, using bulldozers, completely demolished three homes belonging to Jarrar family members and severely damaging a fourth.

After detonating and demolishing the home, the soldiers continued to fire live rounds, while sounds of further explosions could be heard, but the soldiers refused to allow ambulances and firefighters to enter the area.

According to PCHR’s investigation and eyewitnesses’ statements, at approximately 22:40 on Wednesday, 17 January 2018, heliborne Yamam Unit forces, which is part of the “Musta’ribin” special units dressing like Palestinian civilians, landed in the vicinity of Qabatiyah village and Muthalath al-Shuhada’a, south of Jenin.

The Unit officers sneaked into the targeted area, south of the city, overlooking Jenin refugee camp and Burqin Valley. At approximately 23:10, another force sneaked into Jaffa Petrol Station on Jaffa Street near al-Dakhliyah Intersection, west of the city.

The special unit officers in 2 civilian cars carrying Palestinian registration plates raided the petrol station, from which they arrested two workers namely Ahmed Jamil Ahmed al-Qamba’a (28) and Salah Eden Sobhi Abdullah Jaradat (26) and confiscated the DVR of the surveillance cameras.

The special unit officers then headed to Burqin Valley and stationed in the vicinity of houses belonging to Jarrar family. When armed Palestinians noticed the special unit officers, clashes erupted.

At approximately 00:50 on Thursday, 18 January 2018, Israeli military backups accompanied with 2 military bulldozers arrived. They surrounded a house belonging to Nasser Khalid Ibrahim Jarrar and then fired 4 shells from the rocket-propelled grenade at the house.

The Israeli forces said that they targeted Nasser’s son Ahmed and killed him. They then arrested 2 civilians alleged to be members of the cell accused of killing the Israeli settler.

The invasion and the killing of the Palestinian man led to massive protests, before the soldiers fired dozens of live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets and gas bombs, causing several injuries, including at least one, who was shot with live fire.

The soldiers also invaded and ransacked several stores, and confiscated surveillance recordings, in Jenin city.

At least thirty vehicles participated in the invasion into Jenin and Jenin refugee camp, after the soldiers surrounded, and isolated, many areas.