Ahmad Hilal Ghethan

July 06, 2023: Ahmad Hilal Ghethan, 19, was killed by Israeli soldiers after fatally shooting a soldier at an Israeli military roadblock near Qalqilia in the northwestern part of the occupied West Bank.

The shooting occurred near the illegal Kedumim colony, built on Palestinian lands near Kufur Qaddoum town, east of Qalqilia.

Israeli sources identified the soldier as Shilo Yosef Amir, 19, of the Givati Reconnaissance Battalion, was from Kibbutz Merav in the northern part of the country.

Israeli daily Haaretz quoted a security source stating that, after the shooting, one of the colony’s patrols “spotted a suspicious car” and called the army before the 19-year-old Palestinian, Ahmad Hilal Ghethan, “opened fire at the soldiers and fled on foot, but they chased him and fatally shot him.”

In a statement, the Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, claimed responsibility for the shooting and said it was a natural response to the Israeli aggression and crimes against the Jenin refugee camp and the Palestinian people in every part of Palestine.

Shilo Yosef Amir

“This is a message to the criminal Smotrich (Israeli Finance Minister, far-right ultranationalist colonizer Bezalel Smotrich), telling you that Al-Qassam almost knocked on your door,” Al-Qassam said, “We promise you more resistance; those who plant death and destruction against our people will only reap death and defeat….”

After the shooting, dozens of soldiers invaded Qibya village, west of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, where Ahmad lived with his family, and abducted his father, Hilal Ghethan, his older brother, Mohammad, and his sister, Sanari, 25. The army released Mohammad after interrogating him for several hours.

Khadra Ghethan, the slain Palestinian’s mother, said the soldiers invaded and caused serious damage to her home and interrogated the family before abducting her daughter Sanari, a married mother of two children, 3 and 4 years of age.

Many Palestinians protested the invasion before the soldiers shot two young men with live fire and caused several Palestinians to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

The soldiers also fired live rounds at a car of a photojournalist, Karim Khamaisa, shattering its rear windshield.

Furthermore, illegal Israeli colonizers closed many roads in the northern West Bank and attacked many Palestinian cars and ambulances, causing damage,

Ramez Abdullah, the director of the Darwish Nazzal governmental hospital in Qalqilia, said the colonizers attacked an ambulance transporting a seriously injured infant to the hospital, shattering its rear windshield.

Abdullah said the ambulance was transporting an infant, who fell and suffered a skull fracture and hemorrhaging, to the hospital and tried to prevent it from reaching its destination.

Also, Israeli colonizers attacked many cars in Huwwara town, south of Nablus, causing damage and wounding at least one Palestinian.

In Salfit, in the central West Bank, Israeli colonizers attempted to invade Hares town, west of the city, but the locals intercepted their attack before Israeli soldiers invaded the town, closed its entrance, and fired many live rounds and gas bombs, causing many Palestinians to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

On Tuesday, The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the death of Abdul-Rahman Hasan Sa’abna, 22, from Fahma village, southwest of Jenin, after the Israeli soldiers him in the head in Jenin during the two-day Israeli offensive in Jenin and Jenin refugee camp.

The Health Ministry added that the soldiers killed Jawad Mujahed N’eirat, 22, from Meithalun town, south of Jenin, after shooting him in the head in Jenin.

On Tuesday dawn, Israeli soldiers killed Odai Ibrahim Khamaisa, 22, in Jenin City, bringing the number of slain Palestinians in Jenin to ten on the second day of the Israeli offensive. Khamaisa was from Al-Yamoun town, west of Jenin.

In related news, the soldiers fired many gas bombs at displaced Palestinian families sheltering in the yards of Khalil Suleiman governmental hospital in Jenin, causing many injuries.

Video By Khalid Rimawi – Facebook

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the situation in the Jenin refugee camp is dire, especially since the Israeli army is preventing its ambiances from entering it and has constantly opened fire at medics and ambulances.

On Monday night, the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the death of a Palestinian teen, Mustafa Nidal Al-Qassem, 17, whom Israeli soldiers shot during the offensive on Jenin.

He was the nineth Palestinian the soldiers killed in Jenin, after the army killed eight earlier Monday, in addition to wounding more than 100, twenty seriously.

The Palestinian Health Ministry identified the eight slain Palestinians as Samih Firas Abu Al-Wafa, 21, Aws Hani Hannoun, 19, Husam Mohammad Abu Theeba, 18, Noureddin Husam Marshoud, 16, Mohammad Mohannad Shami, 23, Ahmad Mohammad Al-Amer, 21, Ali Hani Al-Ghoul, 17, and Majdi Ar’arawi, 17.

The Israeli military spokesperson said Israel still has ten targets to achieve in its Jenin refugee camp offensive and said the soldiers have abducted about 120 young men.

In a press conference, the spokesperson said that the army estimated that there are 300 Palestinian fighters in Jenin and added that it has a list of names of about 160.

Hundreds of Palestinian families were displaced from their homes in the refugee camp and went to the nearby Jenin governmental hospital and mosques after the army ordered them to leave as it continues its offensive.

Israeli military bulldozers and missiles caused excessive damage to homes and buildings, and bulldozed streets, in addition to destroying cars, and blocking access to the refugee camp, and attacking ambulances, medics and journalists.

Furthermore, the soldiers killed Mohammad Emad Hassanein, 21, at the entrance of the Al-Biereh city in the central West Bank.

Shilo, an Israeli soldier of the Givati Reconnaissance Battalion, was from Kibbutz Merav in the northern part of the country. Source: IMEMC