November 4th, 2020: Bilal Adnan Rawajba, 29, was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers while driving his car near the Huwwara checkpoint, in the northern part of the West Bank. Bilal was a married father of an infant girl, only three months of age.
Eyewitnesses said the soldiers prevented Palestinian medics from approaching the vehicle he was driving, despite his serious wounds, and he bled to death.
It is worth mentioning that Bilal was a captain, working as a legal Counselor with the Palestinian Preventative Security Department in the Tubas governorate, in northeastern West Bank.
He was shot, on Wednesday morning, near Huwwara military roadblock, south of Nablus.
The Maan News Agency published a photo from the incident showing the Palestinian still in the driver seat when he was shot by the soldiers who fired a barrage of live rounds at him.
Several shots, fired by the soldiers, could be heard in a video captured by a Palestinian while waiting in a car near the roadblock.
In a brief statement, the Israeli army said its soldiers foiled what it described as “an attempted shooting attack” by “neutralizing the attacker,” and added that no soldiers were hurt.
In addition, the Israeli daily Haaretz quoted the army claiming the Palestinian fired two shots at the soldiers before they fired back and killed him.
The army closed the military roadblock after the incident, preventing the Palestinians from crossing.
It is important to note that numerous incidents have been documented in which Israeli soldiers have falsely claimed that Palestinians held weapons or fired on them, in order to attempt to justify killings in which unarmed Palestinians were shot and killed by heavily armed Israeli solders.
— First Published on Nov 4, 2020, at 11:46
Bilal was from Iraq at-Tayeh village, east of Nablus, in northern West Bank. Source: IMEMC
October 25, 2020: Amer Abdul-Rahim Snobar, 17, was killed by Israeli soldiers who repeatedly struck and assaulted him, after they had chased his car and opened fire at it, on the main Ramallah-Nablus road, in the occupied West Bank.
Initial reports indicated that the young man was shot in his
October 9th, 2020: Suhaib Ibrahim Al-Khatib, 19, died in a tunnel accident, in one of the many ‘siege-busting’ tunnels constructed underground to bring lifesaving aid to the people of Gaza.
October 5th, 2020: Samir Ahmad Hmeidi, 28, was shot and killed by Israeli forces east of Tulkarem in the northern occupied West Bank, the Jerusalem Press reported.
September 20th, 2020: Khalil Mohammad Lubbad, 27, died when a tunnel collapsed on him in the northern part of the Gaza Strip. Three other fighters were injured in the collapse, all of whom were members of the Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas.
September 18th, 2020: Nidal Mohammad Akram Jabbarin, 54, a dentist, was killed by a concussion grenade fired by Israeli forces stationed at the Barta’a military roadblock, southwest of Jenin, in the northern West Bank.
September 3, 2020: Daoud Tal’at Khatib, 45, died in Ofer Israeli prison, and added that the only information the Israeli authorities are giving so far indicates he died from a heart attack.
August 26, 2020: Shai Ohayon, 39, was stabbed to death in Petah Tikva, in central Israel, allegedly by a Palestinian man.
August 24th, 2020: Mo’taz Amer al-Mibyed, 29, was one of four Palestinian resistance fighters killed in an explosion in Gaza City.
August 24th, 2020: Yacoub Monther Zeidiyya, 25, was one of four Palestinian resistance fighters killed in an explosion in Gaza City.